Teacher training day! Whoop whoop!
So I got the day off today, and what better way to spend it than doing revision and making brownies…well mostly the latter. I have to say, I am not the biggest fan of brownies. Please put your pitchforks and flaming torches away. However, all of my family love them, not that I care about that. Mainly we didn’t have the ingredients for anything else…
To Make The Brownies You Will Need:
175g Margarine or butter
350g caster sugar
1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence
125g Plain flour
1 teaspoon of Baking powder
50g Cocoa powder
175g Walnuts (I didn’t have any walnuts so I broke up some biscuits, you can use anything you like though)
A tin to bake them in
- Grease your tin with butter and put greaseproof baking paper on top.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan (or in the microwave because I couldn’t be bothered with that malarky).
- Put the butter in a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar and the vanilla essence.
- Break the eggs in a separate bowl and add them slowly mixing with a fork.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Mix everything well.
- Add in walnuts or whatever you choose to use. Mix.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes
- The edges will be hard and the middle will be soft.
- Leave to cool slightly for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
And boom, there you go, brownies.